- HOT MIX!!! Best Of Small Doctor – DJ Unlimited (2016 Edition)
- DOWNLOAD: DJ Flexy – Standard Vs Pana Mixtape
- DOWNLOAD: Reekado Banks Full Album | Reekado Banks Spotlight Album Free Download
- MUSIC PREMIERE: Reekado Banks Ft. D’Prince – All Your Love
- DOWNLOAD MP3: Reekado Banks Ft. Falz – Biggy Man (Prod. by BabyFresh)
- MUSIC PREMIERE: Reekado Banks Ft. Patoranking – Killah Whyna (Prod. by BabyFresh)
- FAST DOWNLOAD: Reekado Banks – Ola Oluwa (Prod. by Don Jazzy)
- DOWNLOAD MP3: Reekado Banks Ft. Sarkodie – Oluwa Ni (Remix)
- FULL ALBUM: Reekado Banks – Spotlight (All Tracks Download)
- See Full List of MTV VMAs 2016 Winners
Gov. Ambode promises to ease residents’ stress
- Published: December 11, 2015. 11 months Ago
Ambode urged stakeholders to come up with ideas on how to develop and maintain the waterways in line with best practices
Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode on Thursday pledged to develop water transportation as a way of tackling the problem of traffic gridlock across Lagos metropolis and easing the stress of residents.
Ambode, who was represented by Mr Ade Akinsanya, Commissioner for Waterfront Infrastructure, made the pledge at the first Annual Stakeholders’ Forum organised by the Lagos State Waterways Authority (LASWA) in Lagos.
He said the water transport mode, which was a critical part of the intermodal transportation system of the government, would be developed with international best practices.
“I am happy that the forum is taking place at a time when one of the critical challenges facing the state is how to move citizens efficiently and effectively and improve the capacity of the various modes of transportation for the benefit of the people.
“Just as other cities across the world, Lagos State is facing the challenge of rapid urbanisation due to the growing influx of people into the state.
“As such, there is the need to ensure provision of infrastructure that extends beyond the present generation.
“To ensure a safe, secure and prosperous Lagos State, there is the need for the establishment of appropriate standards and regulations in line with international best practices, towards the much needed implementation of water transport in the State.
“These standards and regulations will be executed by LASWA in terms of licensing, registration and enforcement of vessels plying the state’s waterways with a strict adherence to compliance,” the governor said.
Ambode urged stakeholders to come up with ideas on how to develop and maintain the waterways in line with best practices.
He also urged existing and potential investors to increase patronage of water transport in Lagos.
The Commissioner for Transportation, Dr Dayo Mobereola, also said at the event that over 99 per cent of commercial bus drivers, popularly called ‘Danfo Drivers’, were hypertensive.
Mobereola, represented by Dr Olufemi Salam, Director of Transportation, Planning, Policy and Coordination, said that the health challenge was as a result of the issues associated with traffic congestion and pollution of the environment.